This area was established as a German-American area during the last century and is now a Polish-American neighborhood. Streets named Weimar and Weiss are still present, but Beer Street has been re-named Casimir Street.
When St. Casimir Catholic Church was built in 1928, it became the heart of this Polish-American neighborhood; it remains so even today.
Stachowski Park stretches from Clinton Street to the Buffalo River, and is one of the cities best recreational parks.
© 2020 Central New York Information Service, Inc.. All rights reserved.